Off to the Races
- 2 Shiso leaves
- 2 oz Buffalo Trace Bourbon
- 1 oz Peach-Apricot-Chipotle Chile Agave Nectar*
- Just under 1 oz Fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes Peach bitters (Fee Brothers)
Garnish: Shiso leaf
Glass: Double Old Fashioned
In a shaker, muddle the shiso leaves. Add the remaining ingredients and fill with ice. Shake well and strain through a tea strainer into a double Old Fashioned glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish with a shiso leaf.
*Peach-Apricot-Chipotle Chile Agave Nectar
- 8 oz Water
- 8 oz Light amber organic agave nectar
- 1 tsp. Smoked chipotle chile powder
- 6.5 oz (half a jar) Apricot preserves (Bonne Maman)
- 6.5 oz (half a jar) Peach preserves (Bonne Maman)
Combine the water and the agave nectar in a small saucepan over medium heat. When the mixture is warm (do not boil), add the remaining ingredients. Stir continuously until blended. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
This drink is served at The Summit Bar in New York City.