- Vieux Pontarlier Absinthe
- 1 Sugar cube (Demerara or white)
- 3 Dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- 2 oz Rittenhouse Rye Whiskey
- Slice of lemon peel
Rinse a chilled rocks glass with absinthe, discarding any excess, and set aside. In a mixing glass, muddle the sugar cube and both bitters. Add the rye, fill with ice and stir. Strain into the prepared glass. Twist a slice of lemon peel over the surface to extract the oils and then discard.
This recipe is adapted from William Boothby’s World Drinks and How to Mix Them.