What Does Your State Require For Motorcycle Insurance
Michigan Motorcycle Insurance Online
Time is money, and with Motorcycleinsurance.com, you can save both. We provide you with Michigan motorcycle insurance quotes from a number of providers in a matter of mere minutes. All of these insurance companies are competing for your business, which means you’ll get cheap Michigan motorcycle insurance quotes quickly and easily. The Michigan motorcycle insurance quotes come from nationwide, respected providers… you’ll recognize the names of these companies, but probably not their prices!
Requirements for Michigan Motorcycle Insurance
Nearly every state in the US requires that drivers carry some form of Liability coverage, and the level of that coverage varies from state to state. Here is an overview of the minimum level of coverage for Michigan motorcycle insurance:
- Single Person Injury Liability – $20,000 minimum and $40,000 maximum: This liability coverage will pay for medical costs, funeral costs and even lost wages for the victim of a motorcycle accident.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage – $10,000 minimum: Damage to any public or private property is paid for with this coverage.
Michigan is also a No Fault state. This means that no matter who is at fault during an accident, each specific driver’s own insurance company must pay for their respective damages. This is a means of limiting civil lawsuits associated with motorcycle accidents. However, if damages exceed a certain amount, the at-fault driver of the accident can still be held liable.
Michigan motorcycle Insurance Additional Coverage
All motorists should consider additional coverage, especially if you are driving a new or expensive motorcycle. Additional coverage can protect your vehicle from natural disasters and other events. Here are two forms of optional Michigan motorcycle insurance:
- Collision Coverage: This type of coverage will pay for medical costs and repairing vehicles in accidents where the insured is at fault.
- Comprehensive/Full Coverage: As the name implies, this coverage will pay for damages that are the result of events other than a vehicle accident. For example, vandalism, hitting a deer, hail damage, and other Acts of God or Nature.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: This coverage protects insured drivers from being victims of an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): PIP coverage will pay for medical costs, funeral costs, and even lost wages due to an accident. This coverage often supplements basic liability coverage in most policies.
Online Michigan motorcycle Insurance Quotes
Motorcycleinsurance.com is a comprehensive resource for online Michigan motorcycle insurance quotes. We are faster, cheaper and more accessible than a traditional motorcycle insurance agent. Use our easy online system to get the cheap Michigan motorcycle insurance quotes you need quickly and easily.