Motorcyclist 380+ Feet In the Air – This Would Tighten Your Pucker String
Ten time South African Supermoto Champion and master of the Trials Bike, Brian Capper, got the chance to traverse the beautiful span above the Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban, South Africa on his motorcycle, but before you crank up the envy, consider that he was 384 feet in the air during his trip.
Trials bikes are hardly your standard motorcycle. Yes, they do have two wheels and an engine, but the similarity pretty much ends there. A trials bike has no seat, it’s purpose-built for competition – and you ride them standing up. They’re incredibly light weight and feature some seriously low – and we’re talking stump-pulling low here – gearing.
Trials riding is a sort of gymnastics event on two wheels and the riders take on an obstacle course to complete a path through a series of climbs, jumps and balance beams within a limited time frame. Riders lose points every time a rider’s foot hits the ground to help them maintain their balance.
Tips for buying motorcycle insurance for your custom:
- Collision to pay for damage caused to your vehicle in an accident with another vehicle or any stationary object.
- Comprehensive to cover such things as fire, hail, wind, vandalism, hitting an animal, etc.
- Towing / Pickup
- Medical payment or personal injury protection to cover the medical bills resulting from an accident.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist to protect us when the other driver is at-fault and does not have coverage or assets out of which your bills can be paid.
- Additional coverage to replace or repair accessories specific to your bike.