Motorcycle Insurance Rates – What You Need to Know
If you own a motorcycle, shopping for a motorcycle insurance policy doesn’t have to be a difficult or time consuming process. Lots of insurers worldwide deal specifically with providing motorcycle insurance policies, and whether you need coverage for your Harley Davidson or the latest sport bike, there’s a motorcycle insurance policy out there you can tailor to your needs.
Are you new to riding a motorcycle? Not a problem. Many insurers readily offer coverage to people with a ‘no-claims’ history. As with regular car or auto insurance, the generic types of motorcycle insurance policy are:
- Fully comprehensive – All aspects of coverage are included for you and your bike and the policies cover damages and costs to other motorists and their vehicles. It’s a thorough – but more expensive – option
- Third party fire and theft – This less expensive option covers damage and costs to a third party and their vehicle as well as theft and fire damage to your own bike. It does not cover any harm caused to you.
- Third party – The cheapest option and it represents the bare minimum required as far as motorcycle insurance policies go. This policy will coverage only damage and costs to a third party caused by you. The downside? It doesn’t protect your bike – or cover your own health or life.
Sport Bike Insurance
If you dig the thrills of a fast ride, sport bike insurance can be just what you need to cover you when you’re out tearing up the asphalt.
Basic coverage packages will include issues related to your sport bike only, but you can also include your helmet and leather gear, roadside assistance coverage and health coverage too. It’s a good idea to contact an insurer directly as often they’ll tailor a policy by manufacturer.
If you’re navigating your way through the urban jungle and the proud owner of a scooter, don’t sweat it, there’s an insurance policy out there for you. Scooter insurance can be one of the cheapest policies available, so there’s little excuse not to make sure you’re covered.
By applying on-line, over the phone or via a face-to-face with a local broker, you’re just a few simple questions away from getting the coverage you need. As with sport bike insurance, you can not only insure your motorcycle but also your helmet and apparel. If you ride a lot of miles or commute, don’t forget to consider roadside assistance coverage and medical coverage.
Electric Bike Insurance
It’s a new genre, and electric bikes are now at the point in development when they offer a viable alternative to gasoline-powered bikes. They’re kind to the environment, and they may well be the wave of the future.
Getting the right motorcycle insurance policy for your electric bike is simple – and relatively cheap. There are a range of specialty insurers on-line who deal with insuring electric bikes, so if you can’t find one or your exact bike is not covered when you check online, speak directly to a broker about how to proceed.
Harley Davidson Insurance
You’ve got some nice American Iron? Then you, my friend, are in luck. There are insurers who deal specifically with insuring Harley Davidson bikes and riders. Whether you own the latest model or a classic version of this iconic brand, you can find a package tailored to your needs. Most insurers will offer you coverage if your bike isn’t going to be used for rallying, competitions or rented out.
Don’t ride a Harley? Have no fear, mon frere, specific insurance policies for other popular bikes by manufacturer are also readily available on-line.
Here in the US of A, coverage depends on which state it is that you reside in and varies widely from insurer to insurer.
Each state has a different minimum level of coverage required by law, so the insurer you approach to take out your coverage will be well aware of the basics for your state and can advise accordingly.
So how do you apply for a motorcycle insurance policy? It’s a very straightforward process, and all the insurer needs to know is the following:
- Your Personal Details – Name, address, date of birth, gender, occupation
- Driver’s License Details – Type of license, how long you have held your license for, any bike riding qualifications or additional driving course certificates, any claims or convictions as a bike rider
- Details of any additional riders that you want on the policy
- Full bike details – Make, model, age, registration, style for example if it’s a sport bike insurance policy you need, value, import details if relevant, security device details
coverage details – Date coverage is to commence, reasons the bike will be used, for example commuting, your annual mileage, type of coverage you want for example comprehensive or third party fire and theft, your no claims history, excess details or choice of a voluntary excess
- Other vehicle details – Details of other vehicles owned by members of your household
Pretty simple. Provide the above information you’re on your way to getting a motorcycle insurance quote or motorcycle insurance policy.
Whether you ride a sport bike or an American cruiser, your insurance needs can get complicated.
We’re here to help you find the right motorcycle insurance, whatever you ride…
Tips for buying your motorcycle insurance, coverage you need:
- Collision to pay for damage caused to your vehicle in an accident with another vehicle or any stationary object.
- Comprehensive to cover such things as fire, hail, wind, vandalism, hitting an animal, etc.
- Towing / Pickup
- Medical payment or personal injury protection to cover the medical bills resulting from an accident.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist to protect us when the other driver is at-fault and does not have coverage or assets out of which your bills can be paid.