Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show Heads North to Minneapolis
Last weekend almost 50,000 motorcycle maniacs from around the Midwest descended on Clevelandfor the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows – and to take in the eighth round of the Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show.
Jon Shipley’s “Whiskey Bent,” which sports a copper oil tank fed by some hilland-holler country copper tubing, an antique brass headlight and a wooden bar stool for a seat, took the FreeStyle Class Ultimate Builder winner prize.
“Whiskey Bent,” created by Hoosier Daddy Customs out of Louisville, KY, moves down the road courtesy of a 1000cc 1977 Ironhead V-Twin engine. With a jockey shifter and a wooden handle topped by a shot glass, “Whiskey Bent” is built around a custom frame and the swingarm was stretched to match the lines of the frame, all details which cap off the vintage look.
Shipley put it all together and his stylish effort earned him the three-grand top prize.
Now it’s off to Minneapolis as The Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Shows move north this weekend.
Think your bike has what it takes to compete with the masters of motorcycle customs? You’ve got time to enter your bike in the next round of the show, and you can do it by signing on at the Progressive International Motorcycle Show website here…
Photos by Sam Kanish of Iron Works
Tips for Buying Custom Motorcycle Insurance
Tips for buying motorcycle insurance for your custom:
- Collision to pay for damage caused to your vehicle in an accident with another vehicle or any stationary object.
- Comprehensive to cover such things as fire, hail, wind, vandalism, hitting an animal, etc.
- Towing / Pickup
- Medical payment or personal injury protection to cover the medical bills resulting from an accident.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist to protect us when the other driver is at-fault and does not have coverage or assets out of which your bills can be paid.
- Additional coverage to replace or repair accessories specific to your bike.